Gershow Recycling, a New York state-based recycling firm, has announced the presentation of $1,000 environmental conservation scholarships to high school students throughout the state.
- Blake Carrara, Riverhead High School;
- Alex Frabizio, McGann-Mercy High School;
- Sara Guagliano, Valley Stream Central High School;
- Anthony Polo, Herricks High School;
- Cameryn Miller, Freeport High School;
- Jeevan Vangala, Lindenhurst High School;
- Willian Fleischer, Bay Shore High School; and
- Julia Alexandra Canigiani, Walt Whitman High School.
"The scholarships are our way of giving back to the community and reflect the company’s goals of supporting environmental conservation.," Gershowitz says. "We are pleased to have been able to help so many students in the pursuit of their college degrees."
Latest from Recycling Today
- Maersk results demonstrate shipping sector’s health
- Midwest Fiber Recycling partners with Amp in MRF update
- Baltimore city officials call for raises for sanitation workers amid staffing shortage
- Call2Recycle, Electronic Distributors International Inc. expand Ontario’s battery recycling infrastructure
- Cruz Foam's new packaging products to become available through Atlantic Packaging partnership
- FleetGenius launches Compactor Solutions website
- LyondellBasell, Kirkbi invest in APK to develop recycling technology
- Washington lawmakers consider recycling overhaul legislation