The event will take place at Bowe Machine headquarters at 2527 State St., Bettendorf, Iowa 52722, Sept. 21 from 1-4 p.m. and Sept. 22 from 9 a.m. to noon.
Visitors are invited to experience Bowe’s entire operation, including a tour of its engineering department and new 32,000-square-foot rotor building addition, getting a close-up view of the company’s expanded manufacturing capabilities and latest technology. Visitors also can meet the industry experts from Wendt and Bowe.
The agenda for Wednesday, Sept. 21, is:
- 1 p.m. – overview of day’s activities with brief history of Bowe Machine & the Wendt/Bowe partnership;
- 2 p.m. – rotor materials presentation;
- 2:30 p.m. – quality assurance documentation process;
- 3 p.m. – facility tour and how rotor components are machined and assembled; and
- 6 p.m. – dinner and networking.
The agenda for Thursday, Sept. 22, is:
- 9 a.m. – tour of engineering department and what goes into rotor design;
- 10 a.m. – hands-on demonstration of rotor bearing installation procedures and setting tension nuts to their proper torque values;
- 11:30 a.m. – questions and answer session; and
- 12 p.m. – depart Bowe.
Hotel arrangements have been made at the Isle of Capri Casino, located 1 mile from Bowe, for a discounted rate of $84.99 + tax per night for this event. Please mention the Bowe Machine Co. Open House to receive the discounted hotel rate.
Latest from Recycling Today
- First PET Recycling Coalition grants announced
- Exodus Global announces promotion
- Li-Cycle reports earnings, Rochester facility updates
- Nucor sees reshoring boosting demand for steel
- Fontaine Modification targets driver comfort in waste collection sector
- American Battery Technology Co. hires key leadership for recycling plant
- Packaging Corp. of America reports Q4, full-year results
- NexKemia acquires assets of polystyrene scrap recycler Eco-Captation