Sierra REB-X Press two-ram baler
Bakersfield, California-based Sierra International Machinery has introduced the REB-X Press two-ram baler, which it says is easily transportable while maintaining heavy-duty construction, performance and the ability to process a variety of material. The REB-X:
- is ideal for companies that have multiple facilities but don’t do the volume in any one of those facilities to justify a single piece of equipment per facility
- can be transported to demolition sites or to areas affected by hurricanes, tornados or floods
- is powered by a generator, making it ideal for rural areas
- can process fiber, nonferrous metals, plastics and municipal solid waste
Visit https://sierraintl.com/equipment/reb-x-portable-two-ram-baler for more information.
Erie, Pennsylvania-based Eriez’s Shred1 Ballistic Separators can produce low-copper shred and reduce the need for hand sorting. The Shred1:
- uses magnetics and ballistics to deliver a high-value, premium low-copper ferrous product and a traditional No. 2 shred
- eliminates the need for X-ray scanning
- consolidates visible and concealed copper
- reduces hand-picking labor
Visit www.eriez.com/NA/EN/Products/Metals-Recycling/Ferrous-Recovery/Shred1-Ballistic-Separator.htm for more information.
Asker, Norway-based Tomra Sorting Recycling’s cloud-based data platform, Tomra Insight, provides near real-time analytics to manage sorting machines for performance optimization and preventive maintenance. Tomra Insight:
- collects data in the cloud and turns it into actionable information accessible through a web interface
- can help reduce sorting machine downtime, maximize throughput, reduce operational costs and optimize output quality
- helps manage maintenance, parts ordering and service
Visit https://insight.tomra.com/en for more information.
Explore the May 2019 Issue
Check out more from this issue and find you next story to read.
Latest from Recycling Today
- SA Recycling makes diversity honors list
- Property in northwest Ohio considered for new MRF
- Recycling Today Media Group launches the Battery and Critical Metals Recycling Conference
- WM sees less growth in its collection and disposal volumes year over year
- Amcor to invest $250K into Circolution
- Direct Pak, City of Phoenix reclaim more than 16 million pounds of recycled PET
- Western Placer WMA joins Bye Bye Mattress collection program
- Call2Recycle Canada, GFL partner to expand battery recycling capacity in Western Canada