The Paper Stock Industries (PSI) Chapter of the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries, Washington, has selected nine college-bound students as winners for its annual academic scholarship program. PSI received 45 applications from students related to employees at 17 PSI member companies.
PSI reports that it has awarded $25,000 in scholarships this year, including one $5,000 grand-prize scholarship and eight $2,500 merit scholarships. Winning students are allowed to apply the scholarships toward tuition at any regionally accredited two-year or four-year postsecondary school for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Nathan Dummitt received PSI’s $5,000 grand-prize scholarship. He will be attending the Georgia Institute of Technology for the 2021-2022 academic year. Dummitt’s sponsoring ISRI/PSI Chapter member company is Graphic Packaging International.
According to PSI, this year’s $2,500 merit scholarship winners, along with their sponsoring ISRI/PSI Chapter member company and location and the school they will attend, are as follows:
- Jaden Johns, International Paper (Houston, Mississippi), Mississippi State University;
- Abigail Kodidek, Graphic Packaging International (Atlanta), University of Chicago;
- Rory Perkins, Sims Metal Management (New York), Washington University in St. Louis;
- Tripp Ragans, Wilmington Paper Corp. (Pine Brook, New Jersey), Florida State University;
- Ileana Rodriguez, Pioneer Industries International (Dallas), Haverford College;
- Elizabeth Stricklin, Schnitzer Southeast (Attalla, Alabama), Auburn University;
- Julia Williams, WestRock Recycling (Tucker, Georgia), University of Miami; and
- Rhiannon Wimer, Graphic Packaging International (Macon, Georgia), Bucknell University.
The PSI Chapter has been awarding academic scholarships on an annual basis for more than 20 years. The submission requirements and application for the 2022 scholarships will be posted later this year at paperstockindustries.org. For more information on the PSI Chapter scholarship program and this year’s winners, contact Nini Krever at 561-762-7574 or email@example.com.