Gershow Recycling, a New York state-based recycling firm, has announced the presentation of $1,000 environmental conservation scholarships to high school students throughout the state.
- Blake Carrara, Riverhead High School;
- Alex Frabizio, McGann-Mercy High School;
- Sara Guagliano, Valley Stream Central High School;
- Anthony Polo, Herricks High School;
- Cameryn Miller, Freeport High School;
- Jeevan Vangala, Lindenhurst High School;
- Willian Fleischer, Bay Shore High School; and
- Julia Alexandra Canigiani, Walt Whitman High School.
"The scholarships are our way of giving back to the community and reflect the company’s goals of supporting environmental conservation.," Gershowitz says. "We are pleased to have been able to help so many students in the pursuit of their college degrees."