The AMCS Group, a waste and recycling technology company based in Limerick, Ireland, has launched the AMCS Platform Winter 21 Release. The company says the launch further digitizes the AMCS Platform and drives efficiencies for recyclers.
According to a news release from AMCS, the company is introducing a range of advanced recycling features, including new processes, workflows and functionality to manage end-to-end service operations. The platform uses a touch-screen scale station and has increased inventory management and inventory valuation capabilities. It also offers new production management capabilities so recyclers can plan and record their processing activities.
“The new advanced recycling features in this release will not only accelerate the digitalization of services but also allow our customers to generate added value through the entire process,” says Elaine Treacy, global product director at AMCS. “Support for metal recycling is a significant evolution of the AMCS Platform, and we are pleased to have built a strong foundation in this release which will evolve further in 2022.”
AMCS says the Winter 21 Release also includes new initiatives designed to streamline application integration. Along with the release, the company is introducing an API Accelerator Program to support and accelerate third-party application integration for customers and partners. The program introduces a simplified design and development approach that AMCS says will offer improved resources and expert support to customers wanting to integrate the AMCS Platform with other applications in their ecosystems.
Other highlights of the Winter 21 Release include:
- new regulatory features and compliance updates for the Netherlands, including National Waste Notification Bureau waste flow numbers, as well as VZC support for sludge and compost movements;
- multilevel price hierarchy extended to scale and material grading, container combo pricing and the ability to apply negotiated weights to calculate charges;
- a streamlined process for customer service to manage changes to order quantity, frequency and product offerings;
- event-based SMS customer service notifications for skip and roll-off work providing real-time updates on service activity including delivery, exchange and removal; and,
- new Smart Dispatch functionality to manage and track container jobs where each stop may involve one or more tasks. Also included is a resource management API to align staff availability in an HR system with Smart Dispatch rostering.
“This Winter Release continues to build on superior usability, enhanced flexibility and automation across multiple areas of the Platform,” Treacy says. "We are confident that these initiatives will bring us closer to our customers to deliver compelling value from our partnership.”