Padnos, a full-service recycling company headquartered in Holland, Michigan, has announced that it has achieved the R2:2013 (Responsible Recycling Practices) and RIOS:2016 (Recycling Industry Operating Standard) certifications for its electronics recycling facility in Wyoming, Michigan. The R2 and RIOS standards govern environmental responsibility, employee health and safety and data security.
Companies can use RIOS certification to meet Provision 1 of the R2 Standard, which calls for “an environmental, health and safety management system (EHSMS) to plan and monitor its environmental, health and safety practices, including the activities it undertakes to conform to each requirement of the R2:2013 Standard. This EHSMS shall be certified to an accredited management system standard.”
The RIOS Standard was developed by the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI), Washington.
“Achieving R2/RIOS certification confirms Padnos’ commitment to provide creative recycling solutions to organizations and individuals,” says the company's Sam Padnos. “People want to know that their obsolete electronics are being properly handled and their data is being destroyed without compromise. This certification documents that we have taken the initiative to develop a program with environmentally sound practices, downstream auditing, and complete data security.”
Founded in 1905, Padnos is a family-owned and operated business creating recycling solutions and managing scrap products for industrial and commercial accounts. The company has more than 20 locations, primarily in Michigan, where it recycles paper, plastics, ferrous and nonferrous metals and electronics.
Latest from Recycling Today
- Maersk results demonstrate shipping sector’s health
- Midwest Fiber Recycling partners with Amp in MRF update
- Baltimore city officials call for raises for sanitation workers amid staffing shortage
- Call2Recycle, Electronic Distributors International Inc. expand Ontario’s battery recycling infrastructure
- Cruz Foam's new packaging products to become available through Atlantic Packaging partnership
- FleetGenius launches Compactor Solutions website
- LyondellBasell, Kirkbi invest in APK to develop recycling technology
- Washington lawmakers consider recycling overhaul legislation