Paramus, New Jersey-based Koch Modular Process Systems LLC has announced it will be part of a team supporting the ReGen III Oil Corp. project to build a used motor oil re-refinery facility to be located in the U.S. Gulf Coast region.
Koch Project Solutions will provide “project execution management services” for the new facility, while Koch Modular will work with a firm called Process Dynamics Inc. to provide the design, engineering and delivery of modular process systems to be installed within ReGen III’s new USGC re-refinery, according to Koch Modular.
The re-refinery is being designed to clean and process approximately 78 million gallons of used motor oils per year. ReGen III says the plant “advances the circular economy, making higher and better use of the materials present in the market and directly offsetting the need for virgin materials.”
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada-based ReGen III also says it has signed a definitive, multi-year offtake agreement with BP for the purchase of all re-refined oil created at the Gulf Coast plant.
“We are honored to be part of this innovative re-refinery project with ReGen III that will be a game changer for the way future used motor oils are cleaned and re-processed,” says George Schlowsky, president of Koch Modular. “Not only are we excited to bring our knowledge and expertise to the table, but we believe that together we are making more efficient use of resources to create additional value in society.”
Says Paul Switzer, president of Koch Project Solutions, “Koch Project Solutions continues to help innovative companies bring superior technologies to market. Innovations like ReGen III mine value from waste products and returns them to beneficial use.”
Latest from Recycling Today
- Maersk results demonstrate shipping sector’s health
- Midwest Fiber Recycling partners with Amp in MRF update
- Baltimore city officials call for raises for sanitation workers amid staffing shortage
- Call2Recycle, Electronic Distributors International Inc. expand Ontario’s battery recycling infrastructure
- Cruz Foam's new packaging products to become available through Atlantic Packaging partnership
- FleetGenius launches Compactor Solutions website
- LyondellBasell, Kirkbi invest in APK to develop recycling technology
- Washington lawmakers consider recycling overhaul legislation