The Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI), Washington, has awarded David Borsuk its 2021 Lifetime Achievement Award. The association is honoring him for his 50-year dedication to ISRI and the industry in areas of finance and safety.
“David’s dedication to ISRI and the industry goes above and beyond all expectations,” says ISRI President Robin Wiener. “From his work at the local level within ISRI chapters to his years serving on the finance and audit committees, and his countless endeavors to ensure recyclers operate safely, I have no doubt that we are all better off thanks to David.”
According to a news release from ISRI on the award, Borsuk most recently served as senior advisor for ISRI member Sadoff Iron & Metal Co. in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. In his 50-year career in the metals recycling industry with Sadoff, he has held management positions in facility management, quality, environmental, legislative and regulatory affairs, and industrial and foundry purchasing and sales.
ISRI says Borsuk is a current member of its board of directors as the Upper Midwest Chapter President. He is also the current chair of ISRI’s Audit Committee and co-chair of the Safe Operations Committee. His previous volunteer roles with ISRI include chair of the ISRI Safety and Environmental Council (ISEC), Ferrous Division and Political Action Committee.
Additionally, he is past chair of the city of Oshkosh (Wisconsin) Plan Commission and is past president of Chamco Inc.-The Oshkosh Industrial Development Corp. He is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison and is married with three adult children.
“To be recognized as an ISRI Lifetime Achievement Award recipient is very humbling,” Borsuk says. “It is difficult to comprehend being honored for participating in a career and an organization that has given me so much enjoyment and professional development.”
Each year, ISRI presents its Lifetime Achievement Award in recognition of an individual or individuals’ lifelong dedication and leadership in the recycling industry and commitment to ISRI. He will be recognized during an awards presentation April 28 as part of the ISRI 2021 Annual Convention and Exposition.
Also being honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award in 2021 is Shelley Padnos of Michigan-based scrap recycling firm Padnos.
Latest from Recycling Today
- Midwest Fiber Recycling partners with Amp in MRF update
- Baltimore city officials call for raises for sanitation workers amid staffing shortage
- Call2Recycle, Electronic Distributors International Inc. expand Ontario’s battery recycling infrastructure
- Cruz Foam's new packaging products to become available through Atlantic Packaging partnership
- FleetGenius launches Compactor Solutions website
- LyondellBasell, Kirkbi invest in APK to develop recycling technology
- Washington lawmakers consider recycling overhaul legislation
- SWANA’s David Biderman reappointed to US Commerce Department advisory committee