Forest products information services provide Fastmarkets RISI has scheduled its 9th Fastmarkets RISI Asian Recycled Fiber and Containerboard Conference for Wednesday, Nov. 25. The in-person conference will take place in Haikou, China. Additionally, the entire conference will be broadcast live via Zoom, according to RISI.
RISI says with China’s importing of recovered fiber scheduled to end 2021, “It is urgent to find alternative raw materials for imported recycled paper” in that nation. A new pattern of “internal circulation based and international and domestic mutual promotion” of China's economy is taking shape, says RISI, and the paper industry subsequently is facing both opportunities and challenges.
The event’s speaker and panelist roster includes representatives from Sichuan F. Source Paper Co. Ltd. and Shenzhen YUTO Packaging Technology Co., and Tang Yanju, secretary general of the Recovered Paper Branch of the China Resource Recycling Association (CRRA).
Among topics to be covered in scheduled presentations, according to RISI, are:
- a panel discussion on sources of recycled fiber in China after 2020;
- trends in China’s domestic recovered paper industry during the pandemic;
- overviews of the European and American recovered paper markets;
- overviews of the recovered fiber market in China and South Asia;
- a look at the inspection standards for imported recycled pulp to China;
- an overview of and outlook for China’s containerboard market; and
- packaging demand trends.
More information on the conference, including how to register, can be found on this web page.