Javelin eddy current separators (ECS) from Industrial Magnetics Inc. (IMI), Boyne City, Michigan, provide high recovery rates of 97 percent or more and low operating costs. They’re ideal for a range of applications, including material recovery facilities (MRFs), C&D, incineration, auto shredding and electronics recycling.
Every Javelin ECS is built with the highest quality materials and to an unmatched quality standard. Our eight- and 16-pole units have the strongest and deepest field in the industry, delivering a farther throw and higher and cleaner recovery rate. The Javelin ECS is in use at major facilities around the world with excellent results.
Javelin ECS units offer a range of features:
- an eccentric set rotor for maximum strength and the highest gauss in the industry;
- high-grade rare-earth magnets;
- a stainless steel sleeve on all rotors;
- removable service panels for easy maintenance;
- a variable speed motor for the rotor and belt;
- a carbon-fiber shell to minimize ferrous burnout;
- an internal motorized drive drum for more compact design;
- a low-profile design that is easily retrofitted;
- a take-up screw adjustment for easy belt tensioning and tracking;
- heavy-duty construction;
- lifting eyes for easy installation;
- a durable powder-coated frame;
- a urethane belt with corrugated sidewalls;
- durable brushes and guards to prevent material migration; and a cantilever design for one-piece belt changes.
A variety of options also are available:
- skid-mounded units;
- mobile unit designs;
- control packages;
- vibratory feeders;
- accommodations for virtually any height requirement;
- total system design;
- rotational speeds of up to 3,600 rpm;
- an optional splitter hood comes with adjustable side closures and an adjustable divider vane, and specialized controls are available; and
- extended placement of splitter vane.