United Kingdom-based Applied Market Information Ltd. (AMI) has announced its Smart Packaging Virtual Summit will take place Dec. 14-16. The event, which is free to attend, will include expert presentations and live Q&A sessions.
According to a news release from AMI, the following are some of the sessions that will take place at the event:
- Nestlé and Kellogg will give in-depth views on sustainable packaging;
- AIM, Procter & Gamble, Mondi and Plarebel will discuss their digital watermarks project, HolyGrail 2.0, for smart packaging recycling in the European Union;
- Anheuser-Busch InBev will talk about the hurdles fast-moving consumer goods companies face when trying to create and implement smart packaging;
- Loop will present examples of existing brand partners and reusable packaging innovations;
- Tetra Pak will explain how to level up consumer engagement activities with real-time data insights;
- Takeda and Accent World will focus on the importance of smart packaging in pharmaceuticals; and
- Colgate Palmolive will present overview trends and developments in the e-commerce packaging market.
“The pandemic has accelerated existing packaging megatrends and added a fresh impetus for innovation. Smart packaging is growing significantly,” says Pranita Nangia, senior conference producer at AMI. “We will witness more developments in smarter materials that will prolong shelf life and reduce packaging weight. Also, a boost in the Internet of Things and AI is adding value for consumers, optimizing operations, and maximizing data collection. The virtual summit will provide the ideal environment to discuss the packaging needs and expectations of brand owners and consumers, as well as exploring the evolution and disruption of the packaging ecosystem.”
AMI says the event also features a startup innovation showcase. Here, up-and-coming companies have an opportunity to deliver their pitch on innovative concepts, products or technologies related to the smart packaging space in front of the prestigious selection committee.
The platform also hosts a virtual exhibition area, allowing all attendees to explore and interact with the packaging industry and its key players who will showcase their products. During the designated networking sessions, professionals can connect by private meetings scheduled with their chosen contacts.