The board of directors for the American Chemistry Council (ACC)
, Washington, has announced the addition of six new members, as well as welcoming two new companies as Responsible Care Partners
The additions include three new regular members, two new affiliate members and one new associate member.
The new ACC regular members include:
- CSW Industrials Inc., a diversified industrial growth company with businesses in three segments: industrial products; coating, sealants and adhesives; and specialty chemicals;
- H.B. Fuller, a leading global industrial adhesives manufacturer; and
- Quadrant Chemical Corp., a leader in chemical outsource manufacturing and packaging.
The two new affiliate members include:
- Magnetrol International Inc., a manufacturer of level and flow controls; and
- Yokogawa Corporation of America, a leading provider of Industrial Automation and Test and Measurement solutions.
At the associate level, ACC’s board approved the addition of BSI Group America Inc., a leading provider of business improvement solutions.
In addition to the new member companies, ACC’s board of directors also approved two new Responsible Care Partner companies:
- Agility Chemical Logistics USA; and
- Quest Liner Inc.
ACC President and CEO Cal Dooley says, “ACC had a strong year of growth in 2015 and continues to add to that with the addition of these new members. As our membership expands, ACC continues to strengthen its position as the leading voice of the chemical industry throughout the value chain.”
He adds, “2015 was a landmark year for ACC’s policy objectives and we owe that in large part to our engaged, supportive, and diverse membership.”
The Responsible Care Partnership Program is open to companies that have direct and substantial involvement in the distribution, transportation, storage, use, treatment, disposal or sales and marketing of chemicals, according to the ACC. Responsible Care Partners adhere to the same Responsible Care requirements as ACC members—their CEOs have made a commitment to uphold the following Responsible Care program elements:
- endorsing the Responsible Care Guiding principles;
- measuring and publicly reporting performance on an annual basis;
- implementing the Responsible Care security code within a firm time frame;
- implementing the Responsible Care Management System® to achieve and verify results; and
- obtaining independent certification that a management system is in place and functions according to professional specifications.
Partner companies are separated into different sectors based on their primary business operation. ACC says the companies that participate in the Responsible Care Partnership Program strive to continually improve environmental, health, safety and security performance for all of their operations and business activities involving products manufactured by ACC member companies.