To have your product featured here, please send a press release and photo to Lisa McKenna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Granutech-Saturn Systems Super 80 Grizzly Grinder. Granutech-Saturn Systems, Grand Prairie, Texas, has introduced its Super 80 Grizzly Grinder. Features include:
- Close to four times more torque and twice the production of the company’s standard Grizzly grinder
- Larger shafts and bearings, a solid one-piece forged rotor and a higher capacity gearbox than standard models
- Offers a higher volume while making a smaller product
- Primarily for tires but also can be used for electronic scrap, aluminum and waste-to-energy applications
Visit www.granutech.com for more information.
2. Rotobec Optimax Stationary Mount Loader. Rotobec Inc., Sainte-Justine, Quebec, Canada, has introduced the Optimax stationary mount loader. Features include:
- Handles a variety of materials, such as scrap metal, waste, logs and bulk material
- Can be equipped with a variety of grapples to meet application requirements
- Options include heel booms, telescopic boom, cylinder protectors, cab heater or air conditioner, front windshield guard, cab extension, AM/FM radio and CB radio
Visit www.rotobec.com for more information.
3. Trimble cBin. Sunnyvale, Calif.-based Trimble has introduced cBin for managing remote recycling containers. Product benefits include:
- Remote sensor automatically sends fill level and asset status information via wireless communications to the cBin Web portal
- Immediate notification is sent if fill level exceeds action level
- Allows managers to see container fill levels on a daily basis and provides tools to assist with route optimization
Visit www.trimble.com/environmental-solutions for more information.
4. Safetech Systems Guardian. New from U.K.-based Safetech Systems is the Guardian system, designed to protect employees working near conveyor systems, balers, shredders and other equipment. Product features include:
- Uses recent developments in intelligent technology to provide advanced performance
- Meets current legal requirements
- Sophisticated setup and diagnostics facilities
- One system can protect several conveyors
- Minimizes insurance premiums
- Protects even unconscious employees
Visit www.safetechsystems.com for more information.
5. Vecoplan V-EBS 2500 Shredder. Archdale, N.C.-based Vecoplan’s V-EBS 2500 shredder has been designed to produce refuse-derived fuels (RDF) from waste. The V-EBS 2500’s features include:
- Designed for reshredding of low-bulk-density plastics
- Heavy-duty industrial screens are designed to be quickly, easily and inexpensively changed, allowing the user to determine and change the output particle size
- Infeed opening of 28 feet by 4.5 feet
- 54 cutting inserts on its rotor, two counter knives
- Powered by Vecoplan’s patented HiTorc drive
- Throughput capacity of up to 22 tons per hour
Visit www.vecoplan.com for more information.
6. Adelmann Refrigerator Recycling Plants. Available from Adelmann Umwelt GmbH, based in Karlstadt, Germany, are customizable refrigerator recycling plants. Product details include:
- Consists of a shredder; separation unit for polyurethane foam, iron, synthetic material and aluminum/copper; pelleting press; and exhaust air decontamination system
- One system can recycle up to 60 refrigerators per hour
- Monitoring system allows for continuous recording
Visit www.adelmann.de for more information.
7. MSS Cirrus Optical Sorter. MSS Inc., Nashville, Tenn., a manufacturer of optical sorting equipment, has introduced the Cirrus high-resolution near-infrared (NIR) color and metal sorting system. Product benefits include:
- Automated separation and sorting of targeted commodities using advanced identification algorithms and corresponding precise high-pressure air jets
- Can be configured via a touch-screen interface
- Offered in various sizes between 48 inches and 96 inches
- Sensor configuration tailored to the processing application
- Offered in conveyor and slide configuration.
Visit www.magsep.com for more information.
8. UNTHA RS 150 Four-Shaft Shredder. UNTHA Shredding Technology America Inc., based in Hampton, N.H., has introduced the RS 150 four-shaft shredder to the U.S. market. The 500-horsepower RS 150, part of the established RS Series, stands 20 feet tall. Other features include:
- Coarsely and finely shreds material in a single operation
- Designed to increase volume of materials processed
- Diverse capabilities include sheet metal casings, aluminum rims and tubes; electronic scrap; IT and telecommunications equipment; hazardous waste; tires; copper and aluminum cables; spring mattresses; pulper ropes; carpets; and Gore-Tex rolls
- UNTHA’s patented Torque Drive System
Visit www.untha.com/us for more information.