ScrapWare VIN Scanner. ScrapWare, Rockville, Md., has introduced the VIN Scanner to help recyclers comply with Federal National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS) law. Features include:
• Interfaces and cross references with ScrapWareSV purchase tickets, handwritten tickets or other software products
• Hardware includes Windows Mobile PDA with VIN Decoding Software installed and a Bluetooth wireless scanner
• Information provided for more than 70 vehicle models from a 15-year period
• User is prompted to check for stolen vehicles with each scan, and clones are identified
• Data can be uploaded to Auto Data Direct, Insurance Services Organization or state motor vehicle administrations (if supported)
Visit www.scrapware.com for more information.