Mid-November event in Guangzhou features plant tours and panel discussions.
The program and schedule for the Electronics Recycling Forum Asia event, taking place in Guangzhou, China, Nov. 13-16, has been announced by Switzerland’s ICM AG.
“The conference is a platform to exchange information, to meet new business partners and to get easy access to new potential clients,” ICM says on its event website.
Several plant tours have been organized for attendees, with tour options available on Tuesday, Nov. 13 and Friday, Nov. 16.
On Tuesday, tour busses will visit:
- an electronics dismantling plant operated by Guangdong Mingjie in Foshan, China;
- a plastics recycling facility operated by Kingfa Sci. & Tech. Co., Ltd. in Guangzhou; and
- a mixed plastics recycling plant operated by MBA Polymers China in Guangzhou.
On Friday, tour busses will visit:
- the electronics recycling facility of E. Tech Management in Hong Kong;
- an electronics recycling plant operated by Qingyuan Dongjiang in Qingyuan, China; and
- the Wistron South China electronics manufacturing in Zhongshan, China.
Wednesday and Thursday, Electronics Recycling Forum sessions and receptions will take place at the Shangri-La Hotel Guangzhou.
Presenters and panel members include:
- Professor Jinhui Li of Tsinghua University in China on “Rare and precious metals recycling in E-scrap”
- Prof. Yangzu Wang of China’s Committee of Science & Technology, Ministry of Environmental Protection, on "Global trade of metals and wastes”
- Crystynna Ewe of Dell-Asia Pacific & Japan (panel discussion member)
- Jeffrey Jermyn of GEEP International Inc., Canada (session moderator)
- Joe Yob of Creative Recycling Systems, Tampa, Fla., (presenter)
- Silvio Neumann of Germany’s TOMRA Sorting GmbH (TiTech; presenter)
- Alfred Weber of Germany’s BHS-Sonthofen GmbH (presenter)
- Thierry Van Kerckhoven of Belgium’s Umicore Precious Metals Refining (moderator)
- Nader Nejad of Canada’s Electronics Recycling Services (presenter)
- Robin Wiener of the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries Inc. (ISRI), Washington (presenter)
- Paul Healey of Canada’s Xstrata Copper (presenter)
- Linda Li of China’s Li Tong Group (presenter)
- Steve Skurnac of Sims Recycling Solutions, Roseville, Calif. (moderator)
- Hai Liu of IBM Corporate Environmental Affairs in China (moderator)
- Carl E. Smith of Call2Recycle, Atlanta (moderator)
- Scott Newell of The Shredder Co. LLC, Canutillo, Texas (presenter)
- Patrick SN Lin of Taiwan’s Wistron (presenter)
More information on the Electronics Recycling Forum, including how to register, can be found at www.icm.ch/wrf-2012