CDRA Executive Director Bill Turley honored.
The Illinois Recycling Association (IRA) has awarded its Steve Apotheker Award for the Recycler of the Year to Bill Turley, executive director of founder the Construction & Demolition Recycling Association (CDRA). In recognizing Turley, the IRA says that Turley has been a leader in the waste reduction and recycling industry for more than two decades.
Other recipients of various recycling-related awards were the following:
- Outstanding Government Recycling Award: City of Chicago
- Recycling Educator of the Year: Stephanie Katsaros, Chicago area
- Outstanding Community Recycling Award: Rock Island Housing Authority
- Outstanding College Sustainability Program: Illinois Central College, E. Peoria
- Outstanding School Recycling Program: St. Mary Nativity School, Joliet
- Outstanding Business Recycling Program: Rexam Beverage Can North America
- Outstanding Service Provider: Closed Loop Recycling, St. Louis, MO
- Outstanding Special Recycling Program: Ecology Action Center, Normal
- Outstanding Non-Profit Recycling Award: Advocate Health Care
The award winners were announced during the joint annual IRA/Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) Illinois Chapter conference and trade show, held June 3-4 in Tinley Park, Illinois.