IERC 2013 will take place Jan. 16-18, 2013, in Salzburg, Austria.
More than 500 attendees from industry, authorities and academia will discuss and present the newest information and challenges of the WEEE recycling business at the 12th International Electronics Recycling Congress, set for Jan. 16-18, 2013, in Salzburg, Austria.
The event is sponsored by International Congress & Marketing (ICM AG).
The preliminary program includes the following sessions:
- Round table discussion with industry leaders on free trade versus fair trade;
- How electronics manufacturing companies can close the recycling loop;
- Worldwide take-back schemes and challenges for OEMs;
- Economies of scale in WEEE (waste electrical and electronic equipment) recycling and future challenges;
- WEEE recast, electronic scrap recycling standards, compliance and controls;
- Reports about strategic metals recycling (platinum group metals, rare earth elements);
- How to recycle electronic scrap containing hazardous elements;
- Materials theft and illegal exports;
- Challenges of collection and logistics; and
- Best available recycling technologies.
Additionally, an exhibition area is integrated into the conference facilities. Further, cocktail receptions and a networking dinner will provide additional opportunities for networking.
The congress also is offering plant tours to:
- A copper smelter;
- An nelectronics recycling plant;
- A lighting and flat screen recycling plant;
- A metal scrap and sorting yard; and
- A plastics recycling plant.
More information is available from ICM AG at www.icm.ch.