Event, held March 13-15, 2013, provided insight on ELV recycling worldwide.
The International Automobile Recycling Congress (IARC) has become the international platform for discussions of the latest developments and challenges relating to end-of-life vehicle (ELV) recycling, according to event organizer ICM AG (www.icm.ch). The latest of these events, held in Brussels March 13-15, drew 220 delegates from 27 countries and 29 exhibitors, including equipment manufacturers and service providers to the industry.
IARC 2013 examined the following topics:
- Phasing out criminal export;
- Implementing new laws and regulations;
- World-wide reports on ELV recycling activities;
- Best available recycling technologies; and
On the final day of the congress, delegates were also given the opportunity to participate at plant tours to:
- ARN, Tiel, Netherlands (postshredder technology plant);
- Audi Brussels (car manufacturing plant);
- Galloo, Menen, Belgium (ferrous and nonferrous recycling plant); and
- Umicore Precious Metals Refining, Hoboken, Belgium (recycling and refining of precious metal bearing materials).
The 14th International Automobile Recycling Congress IARC 2014 will take place from March 19-21, 2014, in Brussels.