New hoists capable of lifting 75,000 pounds.
Galbreath, a brand by Charlotte, N.C.-based Wastequip, has announced the launch of a new line of above frame (AF) hoists capable of lifting 75,000 pounds. Designed to accommodate larger truck engines, they work with any truck chassis, suspension, exhaust system or fuel tank, including CNG (compressed natural gas) and LNG (liquid natural gas) trucks, Galbreath says. The company says these hoists have a higher rated capacity and load and unload roll-off containers more than 25 percent faster than other models.
The first new product in the AF75 series is the outside rail (OR) model. Additional configurations available in the AF75 lineup will soon include inside/outside rail (IO), extendable tail (EX) and deadlift (HH).
These hoists are backed by a lifetime corrosion warranty on the frame and a two-year warranty on hydraulics, Galbreath says.
Galbreath’s new 75,000-pound capacity hoists offer the following features:
- cushioned lift cylinders to prevent hoist from slamming down on truck frame;
- single-cylinder reeving system designed for better visibility from inside the truck;
- reinforced support in critical wear areas, including outboard-supported rollers and T-1 wear strips that offer additional strength to support heavier payloads;
- a rear wing kit to guide containers onto hoist;
- increased strength in tail section;
- ratchet strap rear hold-downs to accommodate a variety of container sizes and lengths; and
- centered, cab-mounted Power Tower with standard inside controls, plug-and-play wiring system and pintle-ready rear apron enable simple operation.
“For decades, Galbreath has been recognized for quality, durability and long service life with every product we engineer,” says John Defenbaugh, president of Wastequip’s mobile products division. “With truck manufacturers producing mammoth engines that withstand heavier payloads—especially in the CNG truck class—end-users are demanding hoists capable of handling larger capacities.”
Additional standard features include:
- automatic front container spring-loaded locking system;
- rear container hold-downs;
- heavy-duty safety props;
- air-assist fold-up ICC bumper;
- backup and hoist-up alarms with in-dash signal light;
- optional transmission programming to limit truck speed when hoist is in the raised position ;
- 3-micron filtration system with dual viscosity oil;
- two-part epoxy primer and paint;
- field-tested heavy-duty rear hinge;
- factory-mounted, huck-bolted hoist-to-chassis design;
- shock-absorbing subframe;
- filter-cart-ready oil reservoir and
- LED lighting.
The AF75 hoist, along with Galbreath’s entire line of products, is available through Galbreath’s North American dealer network.
Wastequip’s mobile products division includes its Galbreath, Mountain Tarp, Pioneer, Cusco and Parts Place brands. The mobile division includes eight manufacturing and installation facilities in the U.S. and Canada dedicated to hoists, tarping systems, container handlers, vacuum trucks and parts.
Wastequip is a leading North American manufacturer of waste and recycling equipment, with an international network of 27 manufacturing facilities and the most extensive dealer network in North America.