The Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI), Washington, will hold ISRI2017, the association’s annual convention and exposition, April 22-27 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans. This annual event brings together thousands of scrap recycling professionals, industry experts, manufacturers, and consumers from all 50 states and more than 40 countries, the association says.
“More than 4,000 people from around the world are anticipated to attend ISRI2017 in New Orleans,” Robin Wiener, president of ISRI, says. “It is expected to be the largest ISRI Convention & Exposition since 2014, and the largest we ever held in New Orleans.”
She adds, “With the industry adapting to an evolving recycling stream, the introduction of new technology and the potential for market growth, this year’s convention promises to be one of the most dynamic. Every commodity, including metals, electronics, paper, plastics and tires and rubber will be covered in depth with opportunities for attendees to network, build business connections around the world and take home knowledge to improve their business.”
New Orleans hosted the ISRI Convention & Exposition in past years, including 1990, 2005 and 2007.
Highlights this year include:
- opera singer, TV host, executive producer, narrator and philanthropist Mike Rowe headlining the Closing General Session Thursday, April 27;
- an exhibit hall with nearly 300 exhibitors and suppliers offering the latest technology and services to the industry;
- a dedicated Plastics Business and Operations Summit and Paper Stock Industries Paper Summit SPECtacular;
- expert speakers on commodities markets, international trade, safety, business operations and management, technology, industry trends and more;
- presentation of the Design for Recycling Award to EcoStrate;
- presentation of Lifetime Achievement Awards to Dr. Herschel Cutler and Crawford Carpenter;
- workshops on the hottest trends in the industry, including the changing recycling stream, MRF (material recovery facility) operations and more; and
- a celebration of ISRI’s 30th anniversary.
The full schedule for the 2017 ISRI Convention & Exposition is available at www.isriconvention.org.