Speakers from around the world presenting information with a global reach are on the roster at the Middle East Metals Recycling Conference, taking place in Dubai, Uniuted Arab Emirates, March 2-3, 2014. The event is designed for recyclers and traders from the Middle East and beyond.
This second version of this annual event is once again co-hosted by Media Fusion, publishers of Waste & Recycling Middle East, and the Recycling Today Media Group, publishers of Recycling Todayand Recycling Today Global Edition. It will be held at the JW Marriott Marquis hotel in Dubai.
Conference sessions are designed to address the questions of most interest to scrap traders, such as the global supply of and demand for copper, aluminum and ferrous scrap. A number of high-profile speakers with global metals industry and scrap recycling experience will offer presentations addressing these issues, including:
- Marc Gascón, an international buyer with Spain’s La Farga Group, which operates copper refineries in that nation and on a joint venture basis in the United States and China;
- Stephan Schwarz, managing director-segment waste and metals with Germany-based ALBA Group, one of Europe’s largest scrap recycling companies;
- Will Adams, head of research at FastMarkets Ltd., London, who will offer a global overview of the growing aluminum industry;
- Doug Kramer, president of California-based Kramer Metals Inc. and incoming chair of the Insitute of Scrap Recycling Indistries Inc. (ISRI), who will provide perspective on the ferrous scrap market;
- Robert Voss CBE, CEO of U.K.-based Voss International Ltd. and Bureau of International Recycling (BIR) officer, who will update delegates on pertinent global trade and customs issues; and
- Steven Art, sales manager of Umicore Precious Metals Refining, with current information on high-value precious metals.
The Middle East Metals Recycling Conference was established in 2013 as a gathering place for scrap metal collectors and processors; international traders and brokers of scrap metal based in the Middle East and around the world; representatives from consuming mills; recycling equipment and technology suppliers; and government and trade association officials.
Those interested in learning more about this year’s cnference can visit www.metalsrecyclingme.com for details and to register for the event.
The Recycling Today Media Group, headquartered in Richfield, Ohio, publishes Recycling Today, Recycling Today Global Edition, Construction & Demolition Recycling and Renewable Energy from Waste magazines as well as companion websites and e-newsletters.
Waste & Recycling Middle East (W&RME), produced by Media Fusion Fze., Dubai, is a business magazine providing in-depth coverage of the rapidly emerging waste management and recycling industry throughout the Middle East.