Hammermills International LLC (HMI), Tulsa, Okla., has announced that it has been selected to install several large shredders throughout North America.
The HMI engineering team designed each shredding plant around each customer’s specific requirements, the company says. All electrical, hydraulic and motor work was fully integrated into a turnkey installation. These projects ranged from greenfield installations to installations where existing infrastructure was reconfigured to accommodate a new, modern shredding plant, HMI says.
The installations included:
- Metalico – a complete 96104 turnkey system in Buffalo, N.Y.;
- Coatesville Scrap – a 96104 shredder in Coatesville, Pa.;
- Martin Brothers – a 96104 shredder in Sardis, Miss.; and
- Port Manatee Scrap – a 120104 shredder system with a ferrous and nonferrous downstream in Port Manatee, Fla.
- Regional Materials Recovery – a complete 80104 turnkey installation in Rocky Mount, N.C.; and
- Circle K – a complete 74104 turnkey installation in Calera, Ala.
The Metalico, Regional Materials Recovery and Circle K projects were installed by HMI’s sister company Hammermills International Technology (HIT). HIT is a full-service firm providing all maintenance, service, installation and commissioning requirements for new and existing shredder plants.
HMI and HIT provide new and refurbished shredder systems and recovery plants. HMI offers decades of hands-on expertise in shredder and system design, engineering, fabrication, installation and startup with hundreds of installations in North America and globally.