Genesis Attachments, Superior, Wis., has added two sizes to its GSG scrap grapple line, increasing the number of models to six.
The orange-peel type scrap grapples are now available in 2-cubic-yard and 2.5-cubic-yard (1.5-cubic-meter and 1.9-cubic-meter) sizes in addition to the 0.75-cubic-yard to 1.5-cubic-yard (0.6-cubic-meter to 1.2-cubic-meter) models originally offered.
Designed to reduce maintenance, improve durability, lower operating costs and enhance safety. Genesis says its scrap grapples offer a number of features:
- Identical hardened steel bearings with dust seals at all pivot points to keep out contaminants;
- A heavy-duty cylinder guarding system that protects the cylinders and internal components and is easily removed for maintenance;
- Reverse-mounted cylinders designed to protect rods from damage;
- Large-bore hydraulic cylinders designed to maximize clamping force; and
- Long-life, abrasion-resistant steel tips that are easily replaced with a simple perimeter weld.
“Increasing the number of models was the next logical step in the GSG evolution,” says Dan Raihala, Genesis design engineer. “Coupled with the GSG’s low maintenance features, larger capacity grapples will enable Genesis customers to further increase productivity.”
Genesis also offers a wide tine variety with flat bottom or pointed tine shapes and three spade types: half-, narrow- and wide-width to meet specific application needs.
Additional GSG features include large-diameter hardened steel pins with integrated shear-proof retainers, high-torque 360-degree continuous rotation for better material access and placement, and an overall footprint designed to easily fit inside trailers, the company says.
Genesis Attachments designs and manufacturers shears, grapples, concrete processors and specialty attachments for the scrap processing, demolition, material handling and decommissioning industries.