Galbreath, a Winamac, Indiana-based manufacturer of hoists, container handlers and trailers, has recently launched its TH-14 trail hoist. The TH-14 can be used by small independent waste haulers, roofers, contractors, landscapers and municipalities looking for a piece of equipment for hauling applications.
The TH-14 features a metal frame reinforcement designed to prevent cracking and spring suspension by distributing the load weight more evenly across the frame. The trail hoist meets Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations for rear impact, Galbreath says.
The trail hoist comes standard with a 12 horsepower Honda engine and a dual reeving system that uses hydraulic cylinders to move the winch cable via five individual 8-inch sheave blocks.
“We created this product to meet growing market demand for an extremely durable product that meets the needs of users like contractors and landscapers, while providing a platform for haulers to start their own operations and move up to larger Galbreath products as their business grows,” John Defenbaugh, mobile division president for Galbreath parent company Wastequip, Charlotte, North Carolina, says. “Because it is built to handle the most demanding jobs over many years of product life, we believe the TH-14 will become the trail hoist of choice for a wide range of users, giving them access to the quality and market leadership for which Galbreath is known.”
The TH-14 is available for sale now through Galbreath dealers throughout the country.
Additional product features include:
- A500 Grace C steel tubing and bracing;
- 14-gauge steel tread-plate fenders;
- dexter tandem axle spring suspension with two 7,200-pound drop shaft axles, electric brakes and emergency breakaway trailer breaks;
- 5/8-inch steel cable with 8-inch grease grooved sheaves and ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMW) wear slides;
- 3-inch outside rail rollers with grease grooved bronze bushings;
- automatic front container locking mechanism;
- adjustable bolt on hitch for proper ride height alignment (2 5/16-inch ball mount or 3-inch pintle lunette);
- Honda 390GX power unit with electric start;
- sealed and recessed DOT-approved LED lighting; and
- two-part epoxy primer and paint for a high gloss and durable finish.