Data Security Inc., Lincoln, Neb., has released its newest National Security Agency- (NSA-) approved degausser, the HPM-2. The HPM-2 is a permanent magnet degausser, which erases magnetic media.
Renee Schafer, director of sales and marketing for Data Security, says, “The HPM-2 is the only degasser that is small, lightweight, portable and has passed the NSA’s evaluation for all of today’s magnetic tape and hard disk drives without disassembly.”
Features of the HPM-2 include:
- Simple operation, just insert media and rotate the handle;
- Eight seconds per cycle, one-pass, continuous duty performance;
- Capable of degauss up to 1,800 hard drives per hour and 3,600 tapes per hour;
- Permanent magnets that never degrade; and
- Operates without electricity.
More information is available from www.datasecurityinc.com/degausser/degausser_hpm2.html.