London-based metals information company CRU is preparing to host its 19th World Aluminium Conference May 19-20 at the JW Marriott in Hong Kong.
CRU says its aluminum industry conference “attracts influential delegates involved in [aluminum] smelting, recycling, rolling, extruding, trade, raw materials, purchasing, technology and finance.”
Speakers and panelists at the 2014 event include:
- Bob Wilt, president of Global Primary Products at Alcoa;
- Michael Lion, chairman and director of Sims Metal Management Asia Limited;
- Wang Feihong a senior analyst with China Minmetals Non-Ferrous Metals Co. Ltd.;
- Bruce Cox, president and CEO of Pacific Aluminium; and
- Oleg Mukhamedshin, deputy CEO and director for strategy and business development at RUSAL.
Several researchers and consultants from CRU also will offer presentations at the May Hong Kong event.
Workshops presented at the 2014 Conference include one on the future of scrap generation and consumption and another addressing the question, “China’s growth across the value chain – what are the implications for the rest of the world?”
CRU says in addition to offering two days of presentations the event provides “excellent networking and the business opportunities that arise from important industry meetings.”
The 19th World Aluminium Conference also is co-located with the general meeting of the London-based International Aluminium Institute (IAI) and is supported by Europe’s Aluminium Federation, the Aluminum Association of Canada, the Dubai-based Gulf Aluminium Council and the Japan Aluminum Association.
Those seeking more information about the event or wishing to register can visit towww.crugroup.com/events/aluminium.