A conference targeting the recycling of plastics from the agricultural sector, The Agricultural Plastics Recycling Conference & Trade Show, will be held in July 20-22, 2014, at the Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort, Gulf Club & Spa in Marco Island, Fla.
Conference organizers say the three-day event is a networking forum for farmers, nurseries, manufacturers of plastic products for the agricultural industry, recyclers and government officials to discuss the alternatives to landfilling and the open burning of waste agricultural plastics.
“Agricultural plastics are a valuable, energy-rich and recoverable material we should recover, not landfill or burn in the field.” says Gene Jones, executive director of the Southern Waste Information Exchange Inc., one of the organizations hosting the event.
Planned conference topics include:
- An overview of generation types and volumes of agricultural plastics;
- Markets for agricultural plastics;
- Funding agricultural plastic recycling operations;
- Lessons learned in plastic recycling from Europe, Asia, Australia and Canada;
- Converting waste agricultural plastics to energy, fuel and chemicals;
- Collecting agricultural plastics;
- Processing agricultural plastics;
- A summary of agricultural plastics recycling in North America;
- Equipment and technology advances in agricultural plastics;
- Management of waste pesticide plastic containers: Success stories from the field;
- Toxicological and environmental issues with open field burning of waste agricultural plastics;
- Regulatory issues concerning agricultural plastics; and
- Sustainability initiatives from abroad and in North America.
Information on submitting an abstract, becoming a sponsor or exhibiting please is available at www.aprc2014.com.