Programming has been lined up for Platts Aluminum Symposium 2011, a metals industry event that will take place Jan. 16-18 in Coronado, Calif.
The event begins with a welcome reception Jan. 16 and then features a full day of programming on Jan. 17 and half of a day of programming on Jan. 18.
Among the topics to be covered will be a look at the state of the global aluminum industry, the economic outlook for the aluminum sector, supply chain trends and dynamics and the mergers and acquisition outlook for the industry.
The speaker roster includes representatives from aluminum companies, including:
• Timothy Reyes, president, Alcoa Materials Management
• Jean-Marc Germain, president, Novelis North America
• Layle (Kip) Smith, CEO, Noranda Aluminum
• Thomas Brackmann, president, Nichols Aluminum
• Erik Serio, director of Metal Risk Management, Aleris International Inc.
• Gary Curtis, president, Wise Recycling
• Duncan Crowdis, president, Bonnell Aluminum
Those interested in finding out more about the event can go to www.aluminum.platts.com.