Navistar Inc., Lisle, Ill., has announced the launch of its heavy-duty International WorkStar vocational trucks powered by the company’s 13-liter engine with selective catalytic reduction (SCR) emissions technology. The WorkStar is the fourth heavy-duty International truck model to transition to SCR technology since December 2012.
“With the launch of the WorkStar with our 13-liter SCR engine, we continue to make great progress in our engine transition strategy and customers are benefitting from our expanded product line-up,” says Bill Kozek, president North America Truck and Parts, Navistar. “We’re well-positioned to continue our positive momentum and we are on schedule to complete the SCR transition in our remaining heavy-duty truck offerings by early August.”
Navistar’s portfolio of SCR-based heavy-duty trucks includes the International ProStar, International PayStar 5900 Set-Back Axle and International 9900i—all available with the Cummins ISX15 engine. In addition, Navistar’s 13-liter engine with SCR was launched in the ProStar in April and is now available in the WorkStar. The remaining lineup of International heavy-duty truck models will transition to SCR emissions technology in a phased launch in the coming weeks based on volume and customer demand.
The WorkStar model includes two variations, 7600 SBA (46-inch set-back axle) and 7600 SFA (30-inch set-forward axle). Both models feature a 113-inch bumper to back-of-cab.
Other features of the truck include:
- Available high-visibility hood where front-end power take-off (FEPTO) is not required;
- Available four-by-two, six-by-four and eight-by-six axle configurations;
- From 365 horsepower and 1,250-pound-per-foot torque up to 475 horsepower and 1,700-pound-per-foot torque available
- Huck-bolted frame and crossmember system with a number of frame-rail options for maximum durability;
- Diamond Logic electrical system designed for greater reliability, improved productivity and lower maintenance costs;
- Double-sided, galvanized steel cab;
- Dual-powered steering gears and large front axle for maneuverability;
- Wrap-around panoramic windshield;
- Optional Eagle interior with premium rosewood dashboard and easy-to-read ivory gauges or chrome bezel black gauges on instrument panel; and
- Easy-to-clean vocational floor mats and vinyl interior panels throughout the cab.
“With the launch of the WorkStar with our own SCR-based 13-liter engine, we continue to focus on meeting the needs of vocational customers by delivering innovative, best-in-class products for a wide range of severe applications,” Kozek adds. “With great products, an extensive dealer network and superior after-sales support, our International truck severe service lineup continues to deliver for our customers.”