The company’s Precision Series compactor is the result of extensive testing and customer research.
The equipment company Wastequip
, Charlotte, N.C., has launched the Precision Series self-contained compactor. The new product follows extensive testing among a range of compactor brands performed by Wastequip. Following the testing, Wastequip compiled the results and incorporated many of the most popular features from the different compactor manufacturers.
Wastequip notes that testing of each compactor simulated a year’s worth of normal to heavy use. Feedback from dealers, end users and the waste industry was also solicited to determine the most important features for users.
Wastequip’s new compactor features the following:
- Ultra-high molecular weight (UHMW) precision-guided design suspends the ram above the chamber floor for smoother operation and reduced wear on the compactor floor.
- The Precision Series is backed by a five-year structural warranty.
- The heavy-duty rear door with full door seal has an adjustable sliding hinge that draws the door in evenly containing both odors and liquids.
- The Wastequip Precision Series has a patent-pending 46-inch by 18-inch access opening for easy inspection, maintenance and clean-out, resulting in a reduction of up to 33 percent less time spent on maintenance.
- The Precision Series also features Wastequip’s Guardian power unit with automatic maintenance scheduling (AMS) to alert operators when scheduled maintenance is due along with a watchdog timer to prevent motor burnout.
“The research and competitive benchmarking by our engineering and product development teams for this project was world class. We made this investment because we’re committed to bringing the best products to market. We’re confident that customers will agree that the Precision Series is the best self-contained compactor available today,” says Marty Bryant, Wastequip’s CEO.