Don’t Miss the C&D Recycling Forum, Sept. 23-25
The C&D Recycling Forum is the industry-leading event for C&D recyclers, demolition contractors and solid waste management officials. Now in its third year, the C&D Recycling Forum is taking place Sept. 23-25 at the Hilton Long Beach & Executive Meeting Center in Long Beach, Calif.
Sessions will cover a wide range of topics and will include case studies and information essential for building successful businesses around C&D recycling, including:
• Sustainability’s Driving Forces: The sustainability movement is playing a crucial role in boosting the recycling of C&D materials. Hear from speakers in the construction, architecture and C&D recycling sectors
<![endif]--> on how "being green" is affecting operations.
• Taking on the Issues: Speakers provide solutions to and updates on various issues facing the C&D recycling industry, including copper theft, the NHSM boiler rules and C&D facility certification. You will want to hear what is happening in these areas!
• State of the Industry Summary:
Construction & Demolition Recycling magazine offers insights garnered from its 2012 State of the Industry research. You will want to hear about how the industry is faring and whether construction is picking up.
• Worldly Views: International developments in demolition techniques and C&D recycling, and what they mean to the U.S., are the focus of this session. Hear about the latest developments in compact crushing equipment from Europe as well as case studies of successful demolitions, including a former Navy fuel bunker and a high-rise deconstruction in France.
• Closing New Loops: Presenters show ways to diversify the materials stream and tap into emerging end markets, including asphalt shingles, ceiling tiles and carpet.
• California State of Mind: California communities are setting a precedent for what happens with C&D debris through diversion requirements, facility audits and other practices that could be coming soon to a city near you.
In addition to the educational programming, attendees also will have the opportunity to network with colleagues and industry suppliers during session breaks, meals and an exhibit hall reception.
Those interested in attending or learning more can visit