IISI to convene in Washington Oct. 6-7 on topic of sustainability.
The International Iron and Steel Institute (IISI), Brussels, will be hosting a conference for its members from around the world in Washington on Oct. 6 and 7.
The theme of the conference is “A Sustainable Steel Industry in a Sustainable World,” with sessions organized under the following headings:
- Sustainability - Investment and Profitability
- Sustainability - the Environmental Impact
- Sustainability - Employee Education, Training & Development.
Scheduled speakers or panelists include:
- John P. Surma, Chairman and CEO, United States Steel Corp.
- Ku-Taek Lee, Chairman and CEO, POSCO
- Robert P. Kelly, CEO, The Bank of New York/Mellon Corp.
- Jeff Fettig, CEO of Whirlpool
- Christopher Dodd, Chairman - Banking Committee, United States Senate
- Kevin M. Warsh, Member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- Daniel DiMicco, Nucor Corp.
- André Bier Johannpeter, Gerdau
- Karl-Ulrich Köhler, ThyssenKrupp Stahl (TKS)
- Alexey Mordashov, Severstal
- Prashant Ruia, Essar
- James Wainscott, AK Steel Corp.
- Maria Bartiromo, News Anchor “Closing Bell,” CNBC
- Philippe Varin, CEO, Corus
- Filiep Deforche, Boston Consulting Group
- Robert Zoellick, President of the World Bank.
Full details of the conference program as well as registration details can be found at www.worldsteel.org/conference.
The meetings and conference will be held at The Mayflower Hotel in Washington and the IISI has also arranged three plant tours for the day following the conference on October 8.