Grapple has a 10-cubic-yard capacity.
Northshore Manufacturing, Two Harbors, Minn., has introduced its self-contained Model 6TSG-1000 orange-peel grapple. The grapple, weighing slightly more than 25,000 pounds, houses a five-cylinder, air-cooled Deutz diesel engine, hydraulic tank, hydraulic pump and fuel tank.
According to a news release from Northshore, the U.S.-made grapple can be operated via a single cable line and is opened and closed via a radio remote control, making it easy for a crane operator to also operate the grapple. The grapple is designed for dockside applications and is designed to handle a wide variety of materials, including scrap steel, wood debris, coal and other commodities.
Key features/benefits/options include:
- 10-cubic-yard (7.5-cubic-meter) capacity;
- Radio remote-controlled with belly pack control package;
- Added hydraulic oil coolers to maintain lower oil temperature, especially in warm climates;
- High-tensile steel used throughout and AR 500, wear-resistant steel used on all spade tips;
- Oversized, hardened cylinder and pivot pins with bushings;
- Wider body design for protecting cylinders without limiting easy access;
- High-pressure cylinders with rod shroud covers;
- Easily accessible yet well-protected grease zerks;
- Multiple access doors designed for easy inspection and maintenance; and
- Quick attach tines for fast and easy removal;
More information can be found at http://builtritehandlers.com/6tsg-1000-self-contained-10-yard-capacity-grapple.htm.